Two policemen succumbed to the bullet injuries while three others injured in the encounter are recuperating at the district hospital in Gadchiroli.

Police officials suspect that more than four to five Maoist cadres died in the encounter. (File picture for representation: PTI)

Police officials suspect that more than four to five Maoist cadres died in the encounter. (File picture for representation: PTI)

Two policemen died while three others suffered grievous injuries on Sunday after an encounter with Maoists in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra.

The encounter broke out in the jungles of Poyarkoti Koparshi at the Bhamragad sub division of Gadchiroli district when an anti-Naxal operation was being carried out by QRT (Quick Response Team) and Special Operation Commandos jointly.

Around 6 am on Sunday, the Gadchiroli police team came under attack by Maoists. Police commandoes retaliated and the encounter went on for over two to three hours. Maoists initially carried out a landmine blast and lobbed grenades and fired at the police team.

Police Sub Inspector Dhanaji Honmane and Constable Kishor Atram along with three other jawans identified as Gonglu Oksa Raju Pusli, and Dasru Kurchami suffered grievous bullet injuries in the attack. A chopper was flown from the district headquarters for evacuation of the injured from the spot to Gadchiroli. Honmane and Atram succumbed to the bullet injuries while three others injured in the encounter are recuperating at the district hospital in Gadchiroli. Dasru Kurchami’s condition is said to be critical.

Honmane had last month received the Maharashtra DGP commendation medal and Certificate for outstanding work while carrying out Anti Naxal operations in the Gadchiroli district. He was from the Puluj village Pandharpur district of Maharashtra. Honmane was attached with the Bhamragad QRT since past three years. Atram was from Orwada village in the Bhamragad taluka of Gadchiroli.

Police officials suspected that more than four to five Maoist cadres died in the encounter.

On May 2, a top Maoist Commander Sujanakka was killed in an encounter with security forces in the jungles of Sinbhatti in Etapally taluka. Last week, Maoists announced a district bandh in protest of Sujanakka’s killing by security forces on May 20. The posters put up by Maoists for bandh also said that death of Sujanakka will not go to waste.

Following the encounter, Anti naxal operations across the district have been expedited.

IndiaToday.in has plenty of useful resources that can help you better understand the coronavirus pandemic and protect yourself. Read our comprehensive guide (with information on how the virus spreads, precautions and symptoms), watch an expert debunk myths, and access our dedicated coronavirus page.
Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from

  • Andriod App
  • IOS App



Source link


In fresh guidelines issued Sunday on Lockdown 4.0, the government has focused on the advantage of the Aarogya Setu app, however, added that it is not compulsory for private and government employees to download it.

The government has categorically rejected claims surrounding data privacy saying no data or security breach has been identified in the app.

The government appears to have made Aarogya Setu optional, scaling down its earlier directive that had made it compulsory for several categories of people to download the mobile app which monitors the spread of coronavirus.

In fresh guidelines issued Sunday on lockdown 4.0, the government has focused on the advantage of the app saying it enables for early identification of potential risk of infection and thus acts as a shield for individuals and the community.

“With a view to ensuring safety in offices and workplaces, employers on best effort basis should ensure that Aarogya Setu is installed by all employees having compatible mobile phones,” it said.

In its May 1 guidelines, the government had said “use of Aarogya Setu app shall be mandatory for all employees, both private and public. It shall be the responsibility of the head of the respective organisation to ensure 100 per cent coverage of the app among the employees”.

Sunday’s guidelines also said district authorities “may advise” individuals to install the app on compatible mobile phones and regularly update their health status as this will facilitate timely provisions of medical attention to those individuals who are at risk.

The last guidelines had said that the local authority “shall ensure 100 per cent coverage of Aarogya Setu app among the residents of containment zones”, a point no more mentioned in the latest one.

Early this month, a French hacker and cybersecurity expert who goes by the name Elliot Alderson had claimed that “a security issue has been found” in the app and that “privacy of 90 million Indians is at stake”.

The government had categorically rejected this claim saying no data or security breach has been identified in the app and “no personal information of any user has been proven to be at risk by this ethical hacker”.

“We are continuously testing and upgrading our systems. Team Aarogya Setu assures everyone that no data or security breach has been identified,” the government had said through the app’s Twitter handle.

IndiaToday.in has plenty of useful resources that can help you better understand the coronavirus pandemic and protect yourself. Read our comprehensive guide (with information on how the virus spreads, precautions and symptoms), watch an expert debunk myths, and access our dedicated coronavirus page.
Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from

  • Andriod App
  • IOS App



Source link


নিত্য ব্যবহার্য জিনিস বিক্রিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন অনেকেই

নিত্য ব্যবহার্য জিনিস বিক্রিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন অনেকেই

অভিযোগ উঠেছে, বেতন না পাওয়ায় অনেকেই তাঁদের নিত্য ব্যবহার্য জিনিস বিক্রি করে দিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন। কলেজের অধ্যক্ষা জানিয়েছেন, তিনি শুনেছেন, তাঁর সহকর্মীরা লকডাইনে দুমুঠো খেতে তাঁদের শেষ সম্বল বেচে দিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন। এব্যাপারে তিনি মর্মাহত বলেও জানিয়েছেন।

 দায়ী কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতি, দাবি বৈশাখীর

দায়ী কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতি, দাবি বৈশাখীর

লকডাউনে বেতনহীন হয়ে পড়ার ঘটনায় বৈশাখী বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায় দায়ী করেছেন কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতিকে। জানা গিয়েছে, কলেজের প্রাণিবিদ্যা, উর্দু, ইসলামিক ইতিহাসের মহিলা অতিথি অধ্যাপকরা বেশ কয়েকমাস ধরে বেতন পাচ্ছেন না। এছাড়াও আংশিক সময়ের অন্য অধ্যাপক এবং কলেজের কর্মীদেরও বেতন নেই। বৈশাখীর আরও অভিযোগ, উন্নয়নের নামে কলেজের ছাত্রছাত্রীদের কাছ থেকে চাঁদা তোলা হচ্ছে।

কলেজে সমস্যা অনেকদিনের

কলেজে সমস্যা অনেকদিনের

মিল্লি আল আমিন কলেজের সমস্যা অনেকদিনের। কলেজটি সংখ্যালঘু কলেজের মর্যাদা পাবে কিনা তা নিয়ে রাজ্য সরকারের সঙ্গে কলেজ কর্তৃপক্ষের টানাপোড়েন অনেক দিনের। অন্যদিকে কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতির একটি অংশের কাছে একেবারেই পছন্দের নন কলেজের অধ্যক্ষা বৈশাখী বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়। বিষয়টি নিয়ে বিকাশ ভবন থেকে নবান্ন অনেক কিছুই হয়েছে।

কলেজ বাঁচাও কমিটির গঠন

কলেজ বাঁচাও কমিটির গঠন

স্থানীয় সূত্রে খবর, স্থানীয়দের নিয়ে তৈরি করা হয়েছে মিল্লি আল আমিন বাঁচাও কমিটি। সেই কমিটির অভিযোগ, ২০১২ সাল থেকে সমস্যা চলছে কলেজে। ভবিষ্যতে কলেজ বন্ধ হয়ে যেতে পারে বলেও আশঙ্কা করছেন তাঁরা।



Source link


নিত্য ব্যবহার্য জিনিস বিক্রিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন অনেকেই

নিত্য ব্যবহার্য জিনিস বিক্রিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন অনেকেই

অভিযোগ উঠেছে, বেতন না পাওয়ায় অনেকেই তাঁদের নিত্য ব্যবহার্য জিনিস বিক্রি করে দিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন। কলেজের অধ্যক্ষা জানিয়েছেন, তিনি শুনেছেন, তাঁর সহকর্মীরা লকডাইনে দুমুঠো খেতে তাঁদের শেষ সম্বল বেচে দিতে বাধ্য হচ্ছেন। এব্যাপারে তিনি মর্মাহত বলেও জানিয়েছেন।

 দায়ী কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতি, দাবি বৈশাখীর

দায়ী কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতি, দাবি বৈশাখীর

লকডাউনে বেতনহীন হয়ে পড়ার ঘটনায় বৈশাখী বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায় দায়ী করেছেন কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতিকে। জানা গিয়েছে, কলেজের প্রাণিবিদ্যা, উর্দু, ইসলামিক ইতিহাসের মহিলা অতিথি অধ্যাপকরা বেশ কয়েকমাস ধরে বেতন পাচ্ছেন না। এছাড়াও আংশিক সময়ের অন্য অধ্যাপক এবং কলেজের কর্মীদেরও বেতন নেই। বৈশাখীর আরও অভিযোগ, উন্নয়নের নামে কলেজের ছাত্রছাত্রীদের কাছ থেকে চাঁদা তোলা হচ্ছে।

কলেজে সমস্যা অনেকদিনের

কলেজে সমস্যা অনেকদিনের

মিল্লি আল আমিন কলেজের সমস্যা অনেকদিনের। কলেজটি সংখ্যালঘু কলেজের মর্যাদা পাবে কিনা তা নিয়ে রাজ্য সরকারের সঙ্গে কলেজ কর্তৃপক্ষের টানাপোড়েন অনেক দিনের। অন্যদিকে কলেজের পরিচালন সমিতির একটি অংশের কাছে একেবারেই পছন্দের নন কলেজের অধ্যক্ষা বৈশাখী বন্দ্যোপাধ্যায়। বিষয়টি নিয়ে বিকাশ ভবন থেকে নবান্ন অনেক কিছুই হয়েছে।

কলেজ বাঁচাও কমিটির গঠন

কলেজ বাঁচাও কমিটির গঠন

স্থানীয় সূত্রে খবর, স্থানীয়দের নিয়ে তৈরি করা হয়েছে মিল্লি আল আমিন বাঁচাও কমিটি। সেই কমিটির অভিযোগ, ২০১২ সাল থেকে সমস্যা চলছে কলেজে। ভবিষ্যতে কলেজ বন্ধ হয়ে যেতে পারে বলেও আশঙ্কা করছেন তাঁরা।



Source link